Site Owner

Duties and Responsibilities:

- Update Facebook page for club events and meetings

- Create flyers for all club events as well as direct advertising committee

May 7, 2017 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BioCoM Executive Account
Site Owner

Asma Azam

I believe one's image as an organization is a crucial aspect of its success because it helps determine one's value, especially in a large community such as our university. As head of Public Relations I would be able to help ensure that our image is positive, respectful, and engaging to those in the Biological Sciences community. Additionally, I have an interest in advertising and marketing that I have had the opportunity to practice in my time here at UMBC. During my freshman year I was secretary of my residence hall's Community Council, and was primarily responsible for coordinating fellow officers as well as both planning and advertising for our events. Additionally, I have served as the Public Relations and Marketing chair in my fraternity, Phi Delta Epsilon, since May 2016 and have been responsible for designing and distributing flyers and other advertising tools. As head of Public Relations I would like to increase the scope of BioCOM's advertising so as to engage a diverse group of students and faculty, further developing our organization's network.

May 7, 2017 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BioCoM Executive Account
Site Owner

Emily Cannistraci

Through BIOCOM events, I have learned more about my interests and have become more confident in my career goals. I am running for Public Relations Officer in order to keep BIOCOM members, as well as the UMBC community, updated on events that will allow students to explore their interests as well as plan for their future. As public relations officer, you can trust I am a responsible and organized individual dedicated to hard work. I will thoroughly communicate upcoming events in a timely manner to ensure everyone is aware of the many opportunities offered through BIOCOM. BIOCOM events and programs have helped me explore my interests and become more confident in my future goals and I wish to help others experience this as well.

May 7, 2017 at 7:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BioCoM Executive Account
Site Owner

Katherine Somoza

I would like to run for this position because I believe that BioCOM has a wealth of information and resources. As a part of the public relations committee, I would work to ensure that this wealth is firstly reaching all of BioCOM members, but also reaching the general public of the UMBC campus. With all members well-informed and up to date, BioCOM would grow to become a stronger, and more prominent presence on campus. Because being up to date and informed is important to me, and I believe it to be so important for others, I would work hard to update all information outlets such as social media platforms, as soon as possible. Overall, I would like for information and resources in the BioCOM community to be communicated as effectively and accurately as possible!

May 8, 2017 at 10:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.