UMBC Biology Council of Majors

Click here to edit subtitle

Elections

Forum Home > Spring 2015 > Secretary

BioCoM Executive Account
Site Owner

Duties and Responsibilities: The Secretary(s) shall keep the minutes of all meetings, keep the roster of all members, and conduct all correspondence required by the organization.

April 16, 2015 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Thomas Coard
Hello BioCOM, my name is Thomas Coard and I am running for secretary! I am a sophomore Bioinformatics/Computational Biology major. I have been involved with BioCOM for two years and have been head of the Icebreaker Committee for a year. During my time as Icebreaker Committee head, I attended the executive board meetings and have helped contribute to many of the decisions made by the executive board. I hope to become more involved by having an executive position, specifically secretary. I started the Icebreaker committee to bring more unity to the members of the club and I hope to continue this endeavor as secretary. As secretary, I plan to use my experience and my passion for biology and BioCOM to keep accurate and accessible data so that BioCOM can run smoothly and convey information to its members effectively. Please consider me for your vote!
April 21, 2015 at 6:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Adele Fu

Hello BioCOM! I am Adele Fu, a sophomore biology major on the pre-pharmacy/pre-nursing track, and I am currently running for secretary. As a BioCOM member, I have seen the wonderful things that our executive board has provided for our council. From watching funny educational biology videos to lab tours and learning more about unique centers and departments of our university, BioCOM has introduced how nature works through biology and many interesting and diverse resources that we can utilize and different career paths we can pursue. If I am elected secretary, I will not only help BioCOM maintain its organization and records properly, but I will also find ways to advertise our club more and to listen to and to bring in suggestions that will improve our council so that more people may be aware of what BioCOM has to offer.

April 28, 2015 at 9:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.